Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Training for the potty and life

So we have continued the potty training struggle. How foolish we were to think that Little A would take so easily to the potty...I mean she has taken so well to everything else right? I thought for sure the thought of being wet and messy in training undies would make her realize the beauty of the potty. That thought left my head the day she was sitting on the potty singing "Hi Ho The Dairy-O I like feeling yucky"! AUGH :)

Well the 100th times a charm I suppose. We have had a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel. The training pants along with running around half dressed has seemed to have done the trick. Certainly there have been some accidents - which leads to hand washing training pants and drying them on radiators...but alas it is working!!

I was so proud the other day I told her I had a special treat for being so good about the potty. I lovingly created this pancake - which she was very excited about...that was until daddy cut into him. Ah - I see you just want to stare at Micky pancake - not eat it...so I repaired him with some melted butter and he joined us untouched at the breakfast table. Not even an M&M eye was eaten. Food should only look like food - got it - Lesson learned!


1 comment:

Gift of Green said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the wrap mat suggestion. I hope to do a post soon about Ziploc-alternatives - I do so grudgingly however. ;) I love the name of your blog and the cookies you made look yummy!