Monday, April 21, 2008

Re purposing

stay tuned for earthy posts all week long

Through the winter I have been keeping a little basket on my sewing table to keep scraps. I have tossed in little bits of fabric and thread. Not sure quite what to do with it...but knew I didn't want to just toss it. Then I saw an idea here and then hoped to give my scraps to the birds this spring too.


We recently discovered some hard working robin's preparing a nest and it seemed the perfect time to get our goodies outside.


We look forward to watching their family grow
from our dining room window.
LittleA also made a pine cone bird feeder which is hanging in the peach tree nearby this nest. We have enjoyed watching the woodpeckers, cardinals, blue jays, robins, and chickadees. I am considering purchasing this book for the rest of our summer watching...











do you have it? Is it worth it - what is the quality of the bird calls? Only $16 at half.com (gotta love recycling books).

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have a bunch of old knotted yarn so what a perfect idea!

Jess said...

love the idea - i had stumbled across the idea of making a gift for birds of food (popcorn, cranberries) to string on trees during the winter, but love this as well! can't wait to see the colorful additions to the nest.

wish i knew about the bird call book... that would be helpful in identifying our feathered friends as well.