Thursday, July 17, 2008

Free Movies and Reviews

Free Movies and Reviews

Not sure if you have a REGAL Cinema in your area - but if you do...go and check out their summer free film series for kids. Not a bad way to spend a rainy day - or a super hot one if you are like us and rely on just shade to keep cool

LittleA is just three and I am a super freak about the types of things I give thumbs up to for viewing. I think I can count on one hand the "kids" programs that I ok for watching when we need a small break or small treat (thank goodness for Tivo).


Movies are sometimes even harder to gauge since they are laden with commercial plugs and intermittent adult humor. I have a few that we have watched that I am ok with - but when judging a movie I have not seen before I turn to two websites to get the skinny on what I should be on the look out for. Each database rates movies based on their age appropriateness as well as gives detailed reports on foul language, adult situations, commercial plugs, and scare factor.


Visit Common Sense Media:
From their website:
Media is fun and our kids love it. We also know that kids now spend so much time absorbing its messages and images that it has become "the other parent" in their lives. As a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, we exist to provide parents with trustworthy information to help manage their kids' media lives


and

Visit Kids-in-Mind

Do you have any recommendations for family friendly movies for the pre-k set? I would love to have a back up list for special movie nights.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm not much help, unfortunately! We're stuck on the same three movies/shows when we do watch TV... Curious George, Clifford, and Thomas the train.