Monday, July 21, 2008

Unplugged Challenge - Glass

Unplugged Challenge - GLASS

This weeks unplug your kid challenge was GLASS. Once upon a time while watching my young cousin for an overnight my husband and I decided that we could buy a mosaic kit and make a garden stone for her parents. Imagine our non-parenting surprise when we opened the kit to discover a bag of glass shards to inset into your concrete stepping stone. We carried on with the project anyway - ya know we were not yet parents ourselves. Well the stone turned out lovely and not a single person was harmed...why those kits don't come with marbles or rounded glass is
beyond me.

Needless to say that was all that came to mind when I read the word GLASS as last weeks challenge. After thinking though about how much LittleA enjoys making her own PB&J sandwiches at lunch I thought this might be a good time to teach her how to pour her own glass or water.

We took one of our recycled glass beverage containers out into the yard - so that there would be no issue with spills. I showed her once and then let her have a go at it. The first attempt is this one where she decided to pour towards herself.

She quickly adapted her pour to this. She was beyond proud of herself!

Next weeks challenge is flat - come see how to join in. See everyones great ideas here

8 comments:

Robyn said...

That looks fun. My oldest would have fun with a mosaic. My little one is accident prone though. Sounds like a good "nap-time project.":)

Gottfredsen said...

I am definetly going to try mosaics with my boys soon. Thanks for sharing the projects.

juliekintaiwan said...

Smart girl! Perfect themed project for her.

Jess said...

great job, littleA! love the idea of a garden mosaic stone.

princessofsomething said...

The pictures of her pouring the water are adorable! Great job! :)

Kate in NJ said...

Looks like fun!

Chrissy said...

My little one l.o.v.e.s pouring...often when I'm not looking. :) Glad your little girl had fun!

Michie said...

This post made me smile. Looks like she's doing a good job!