I love football - I get so excited for the season to return...ok, well if you count my excitement for game day foods then I am not totally lying! Every year my husband and I go head to head in the family fantasy football pool he created....after a couple weeks into it...I usually fizzle....kind of hard to win when your team is comprised with this strategy:
- ONE - Does the player have a cool last name?
- TWO - Is the player smiling in his team picture?
Well - I am going into this season with really good intentions...Wanna join me in a football cook-off? Here is my plan. Our house follows the Buffalo Bills and the Atlanta Falcons...we root mostly in that order too. So I am picking my home team (bills) and will plot a football season menu.
Here is my game plan...
- Choose a food to prepare based on the competition. It can be a popular food from the teams hometown (buffalo wings), or a snack that coordinates with team colors (red, white, and blue chips salsa), or perhaps even a tasty dessert that makes sense based on a member of the competing team (peters peters pumpkin pie eaters)...so yeah, being creative is the plan.
- Eat said food...as we devour the food hopefully the Bills will in turn devour the competition. Hey, pass the salsa - just doing my part here!
- and yeah - maybe pick one of the two logos above to represent my season long effort. Do you like on over the other?
Let the season begin! Let's Go Buffalo!
Buffalo Bills Regular Season 08/09
This is the schedule I am working with....any suggestions on must make foods? Oh, yeah and if you have any *tips* on who is going to be a real steal in the draft this year...feel free to leave me that info below too!