Monday, August 11, 2008

The Buffalo Bills 08/09 - A Cooking Season

The Buffalo Bills 08/09 - A Cooking Season

I love football - I get so excited for the season to return...ok, well if you count my excitement for game day foods then I am not totally lying! Every year my husband and I go head to head in the family fantasy football pool he created....after a couple weeks into it...I usually fizzle....kind of hard to win when your team is comprised with this strategy:
  •     ONE - Does the player have a cool last name?
  •     TWO - Is the player smiling in his team picture?
Yeah those are my requirements! Hard to believe I am not on top every year. 

Well - I am going into this season with really good intentions...Wanna join me in a football cook-off? Here is my plan. Our house follows the Buffalo Bills and the Atlanta Falcons...we root mostly in that order too. So I am picking my home team (bills) and will plot a football season menu.


Here is my game plan...
  • Choose a food to prepare based on the competition. It can be a popular food from the teams hometown (buffalo wings), or a snack that coordinates with team colors (red, white, and blue chips salsa), or perhaps even a tasty dessert that makes sense based on a member of the competing team (peters peters pumpkin pie eaters)...so yeah, being creative is the plan.
  • Eat said food...as we devour the food hopefully the Bills will in turn devour the competition. Hey, pass the salsa - just doing my part here!
  • and yeah - maybe pick one of the two logos above to represent my season long effort. Do you like on over the other? 
So.........do you want to join me?  Let me know if you are in (vote in the pole in my sidebar or leave a comment below) and I will work on the specifics (posting info, group photo pool, maybe a guideline or two, perhaps a super-bowl cook off, and maybe even a prize here and there).

Let the season begin! Let's Go Buffalo!

Buffalo Bills Regular Season 08/09

DAY DATE OPPONENT TV TIME/RECAP
Sun. 9/7 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOX 1:00 PM
Sun. 9/14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 9/21 OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 9/28 @ St. Louis Rams CBS 4:05 PM
Sun. 10/5 @ Arizona Cardinals CBS 4:15 PM
BYE 10/12 BYE BYE
Sun. 10/19 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 10/26 @ Miami Dolphins CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 11/2 NEW YORK JETS CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 11/9 @ New England Patriots CBS 1:00 PM
Mon. 11/17 CLEVELAND BROWNS ESPN 8:30 PM
Sun. 11/23 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 11/30 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FOX 1:00 PM
Sun. 12/7 MIAMI DOLPHINS (Toronto) CBS 4:05 PM
Sun. 12/14 @ New York Jets CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 12/21 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:05 PM
Sun. 12/28 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CBS 1:00 PM

This is the schedule I am working with....any suggestions on must make foods? Oh, yeah and if you have any *tips* on who is going to be a real steal in the draft this year...feel free to leave me that info below too!

8 comments:

Katie said...

I really love this idea! I can't wait to try it out with all my fellow Chargers fans! I'm glad our cooking and consumption skills will finally come in handy and support the team! :)

Jess said...

sounds like fun! we're a "watch whatever team is interesting/has a good player" household right now, so my food selection will definately be changing each week.

i have a friend who's a big steelers fan - i'll see if she's interested in participating too.

Amy said...

Hi...I am Jess's friend, Amy, the Steeler's fan. What a great idea for a food challenge! I am definately in!

Kelly said...

I am in, although we root for two different teams. I like the Colts (cause I am from Cleveland and that is too much pain to root for the home team, and my dh is a Bengals fan. This will require some consideration and planning...And I like the top logo!

bren said...

Wow this sounds really cool

JS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
All Things Jennifer said...

I'm in. So I'm coming over to your house every Sunday to eat right? ;)

Dayna said...

***************
Hello all - I am so glad there was some good response to this challenge. I am really excited to plan out the guidelines and such. This should be really fun. Feel free to invite others to play along and look for an update from me real soon!
***************