Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Calming My Restlessness

Calming My Restlessness


The summers tail end was happily dancing near my ankles when all the sudden I felt completely submerged. Last week I was able to breath a bit and now I just may have a shoulder or two beginning to emerge from the waters of September. 

September one of my favorite months. A change over to the cooler shorter days of fall a signal that it is time to busy ones self with winter preparations. This is not a complaint so much as wonderment of time flown by. This is the season where I want the pace to slow and for some reason this year seems as though it marched on most full and most steamingly.

Our summer months were full and joyous. Reflecting in those moments is keeping me level. We filled our selves with a summer harvest from our own toils. Days were spent together soaking up the lengthiness of sunshine. Nylon breezed about our heads as we slumbered under starry skies. Our tongues lapped at tastes that were fleeting and our bodies moved in rhythms that are now at rest. I am at peace with the conclusion.

Welcome fall...



dropping leaves...
                    
                          harvest moons....         hushed words...                 
                                                                                                       browns and golds and rusts.....


hearty soups........  lingering hugs.........                     
                             


                                                  make believe with treats and trickery..........




we give thanks that you rock us gently into hibernation.




 

No comments: