Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Big Three Oh

The Big Three Oh

In all my years I have never had cupcakes in a cone - so decided to make them for my 30th! I accidentally bought kiddie cones and have to say these are the cutest things I have ever baked.



I used a Swiss Buttercream recipe from the Martha Stewart Baking Book and admit that I ate a bunch of the leftovers. The frosting is so light and creamy...and not too sweet. Tiny little cupcakes disguised as ice-cream cones.
 
LittleA showing her cake decorating skills! She made these for me :)

 
And as a gift to myself I signed my resignation letter for an organization I no longer have a passion for. Making a resolution to myself that in the next decade I will participate in things because I get enjoyment in doing so...not because I can't say no.
A very merry un-birthday to you!





4 comments:

allthingsjennifer said...

Yay! Happy birthday! The cakes by A are wonderful :)

Here's to the Sophomore years!

allthingsjennifer said...

Yay! Happy birthday! The cakes by A are wonderful :)

Here's to the Sophomore years!

Jess said...

happy, happy birthday! love the little cupcake ice cream cones.

i think your resolution is a perfect way to start off your 30's... can i just say that it feels strange to write that considering we both were in our teens (late teens, but still) when we first met. how time flies!

Brenda said...

Awesome I love the cupcakes in a cone idea they are yummy. Have a great birthday weekend!!