Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Movie Roundup

Movie Roundup


















Since having a Netflix account I have come to realize that I am a sucker for a good documentary. I knew when I saw the previews to Young@Heart I just had to add it to my list. I have since returned it and I am still carrying with me the sweet seniors from the movie.The movie films the senior citizen singing group as they prepare for a new tour. The kicker is the songs that they sing....this movie is also filed in the catagory Rockumentary! Check out these clips (I wanna be sedated, I feel good, and this sad one covering Coldplay) and of course check out the movie...I laughed and cried and cried a little more - heartwarming story - showing how life can be full to the very end.
 
A friend took me to see Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist for my birthday. This was a cute movie - targeted to the teen college crowd perhaps - but I really enjoyed it. Similar to Juno - although that is not such a great way to compare the movie. It was fun to watch the charators run around Manhatten (in a Yugo) trying to hunt down a secret concert by their favorite band...of course drama and love ensues.  Tons of quirky fun and a good soundtrack.

1 comment:

Jess said...

i'm a big fan of documentaries... have you watched the Planet Earth series? it's amazing. glad to read about some good movie recommendations.