Friday, October 10, 2008

Pasta Sauce


Pasta Sauce


Back in September Erin of Erin Cooks had a surplus of tomatoes she was looking to use cleverly. One of her readers posted a sauce recipe that seemed to good to be true. 


Ah man! There’s a great sauce recipe in the Stonewall Kitchen Harvest cookbook. I’ll abbreviate as best I can…:
15 cloves garlic
8 lb. ripe tomatoes (any kind)
10 medium onions (quartered)
1 cup chopped fresh herbs (your choice)
1/4 cup olive oil
salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450ª
Quarter the tomatoes (no peeling or seeding)
Chop 5 cloves of garlic, leave the other 10 whole
Combine/toss everything in a large roasting pan
Put in the 450º oven; gently stir after 25 min; gently stir after another 25 min; roast for another 45 minutes. Remove and taste. If too bitter, add a little sugar (3-4 tablespoons)
Cans and freezes well; tastes great. And uses up a s***load of tomatoes.
Posted by F_D

I decided to give it a try and I am so thankful that I did. This sauce is super easy and tastes great. I have four or five contains full in the freezer.
I was able to use up the last of our garden tomatoes and herbs...and the kitchen smells amazing the whole time!

1 comment:

Jess said...

looks delicious, and i'm so glad to find an easy sauce recipe. i'm going to keep that in mind in hopes that next year's tomato crop does better than this years.