Monday, June 08, 2009

Nature Bedroom - Bird Mobile

Although I was an only child for a few years of my life (7 to be exact) I do have four amazing siblings! One of whom in particular is growing up to be quite the crafty lady! My sister Jenna called me up before LittleA's birthday and said she wanted to make her something instead of buy something. This of course made my heart sing! She wanted to know if there was anything that LittleA would like. I gave her a few ideas and was blown away by what she created.


We have plans of redoing LittleA's bedroom this summer. When we moved in three years ago there was 80's style tulip wallpaper - needless to say...it is still there. LittleA has grown semi-attached to it and it is taking much convincing to redo it. We have settled on a nature theme. I have sourced some ideas through blogs, catalogs, etsy and such. I sent some of my inspiration photos over to my sister they included

This bedroom set from Pottery Barn:


The most lovely birds and wall branch piece created by Meg at Sew Liberated - Check out her amazing nursery for her new wee one. It is beyond lovely!



These Woodland Nature Creatures: Etsy Shop JOHNWGOLDEN

And this is the what my sister created. Mind you the girl had never sewn before in her life! She used the pattern for the birds found at Spool. The branch had fallen from a tree in our yard.
 
She added some butterflies, a nest with eggs, cherries and some leaves that are adorned with some glass beads.
  
All the pieces are velcroved on and can be repositioned wherever LittleA desires. 
 
Needless to say we are beyond thrilled with the outcome and cannot wait to hang this in the new nature room! Forgot to mention she also made three canvases for the walls that are all tree themed - I neglected to photograph these yet...sorry!

4 comments:

allthingsjennifer said...

Jenna did an AMAZING job on this project I was very, very, very impressed. Crafty sisters!

Jess said...

beautiful job! i love it. and i am also laughing because we are obviously of the same mind - i made a bird branch for our playroom based upon the spool pattern and idea from sewliberated, and ripped the page you posted from the pottery barn catalog as inspiration for ben's bedroom - the owl and letter "b" pillows. i can't wait to see littleA's room!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! I am so excited because I decided to read your blog today and I am in it!!!!!!! It is weird and thrilling to be blogged about! haha. This is crazy! Thank you for all the compliments, the mobile was realllly fun to make! And I can't wait to see Little A's room :) I love you so so much!

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOO cute! love it! That would be my dream room !