Thursday, September 03, 2009

September Welcome

Oh how I love September. It is a month that is much like January to me. It is a time of new beginings and resolutions. It is the month of fresh school supplies and embarking on new learning.

September lures me back to schedule and routine, which I long for after a free flow summer. A summer wrap up post is in the works.



Today I am really excited to share with all my readers my latest project. A dear friend and I who are both passionate about passing on the love of reading to our kiddos (and any other kiddos who will listen) have created a new blog project. The blog is called the KidLit Book Hook. The purpose is to create an online space for a read along. A sort of book club for parents and kids to partake in not just the reading of great books - but also the expansion of those books.

Our plan is to announce a new book every two weeks (the first book is already posted). To play along - read the book to a child (or heck even to yourself if you want to play along). Then come up with a project or activity that expands upon that books theme or message. Then come back to the site and leave us a link. We hope to create a resource for parents and educators to use. With the overall purpose to foster life long readers who LOVE to read and find enjoyment in all that books can bring.


You can also follow us on our goodreads group site. Come and share with other parents, librarians, and educators. Be part of community that can discuss KidLit favorites, the best literacy links, and more!


We would love to have you join us - and feel free to spread the word to someone who you know might enjoy it. This is all in the begining stages and we imagine that the project will grow and change based on those interested in playing along. Drop us a line - let us know what you think!


Hope to see you there :)

1 comment:

Amy@Let's Explore said...

What fun! The site looks great. Look forward to participating with my girls - I'll pass along the word on my blog, too! :)